Thursday, February 17, 2011

A little something about me and my journey

My name is Christine,

I am twentyeight years old. I have been with my Husband Alex for fourteen years and Married for nine. We have three amazing children together Cody our oldest is seven , Zandor is six , and our daughter Bryanna is three.
They are my life , they keep me focused, strong, and positive.
Last year in August 2010, I began experiencing major head pain. Around November my pain increaded a feeling of my brain swelling trying to crack through my skull.
I thaugh maybe I was just under stress and maybe was having high blood preasure sence it dones run in my family.
December 2010  I started to collapse this accured two times. in January 2011 I was working in a house and blacked out . My boss made sure I got home,my Husband is going to take me to the ER. I called my Mother-in-law she said she would watch the kids while we went.I started packing there over night bag and I collapsed  at there feet. We knew something was wrong with me and the kids were scared.
Alex took me to the ER Jan 19, 2011 around 9:00 pm We were sent home around 1 am -
    Diagnosis - Headache, take a pain pill.
We left and were not ok with the diagnosis, I was having vision problems following headaches , my balance was off ,random  day and night sweats,falling down,loosing balance,breaking dishes and droping  stuff not being able to keep firm grip on stuff. This is not normal I am not ok..
Woke up around 6 am, There was a voice mail on my cell phone from a Dr. at the ER he called around 3:30 am,asking us to comeback in they seen something abnormal in my cat scan and need to do an MRI.
we arrieved to the ER they were expecting us This time the Diagnosus I have a mass in my brainStem.
Because of my pain and disorientation working had been diffacult for me, But im a Mom and the circumstances put me to be the main provider and Alex a stay at home dad.
Immediatly Alex and I looked at eachother unsure if this was real. The DR. told us where the mass is they will not be able to attempt to do a byopsi, They wanted to send me somewhere else.
I called my Father in FL. told him everything I could remember that was just told to me, The DR got on the phone and explained what they have seen and believe it to be . Im still in shock and disbeliefe. My Dad stayed strong and focused asking questions wanting and needing to understand. It felt like he was in the room holding my hand a peaceful confussing momment for me.
Over the next couple days we were seeing more DR's lots more tests and everything was just being confirmed.
My Father and his Wife offered to have us come stay with them.we were going to be homeless with me not being able to work and would not be able to focus on be trying to get better and find out what I really had. I needed the family support in this.On January 31,2011  ten days after being diagnosed I moved my family of five from SC to FL to live with my Dad,left everything behind except our clothes and our truck we drove.
New symptoms accuring the left side of my face was numb.
Immediatly the nest day Febuary 1, 2011 My father and I  went to LakelandRegional MedicalCenter.Come to find out the surgon didn't want no partof my brain mass.He dont want to take part in something that can kill me.
 Dad and I felt so defeated, we had three rejections and all bad news....
After we left Lakeland Regional Medical center, we took a stroll over to the church my father attends. I must say the most peaceful,wonderful,loved walk I ever had.Somany feelings and yet a sence of calm. This was the first time I ever prayed with my Earthly Father and a moment we will never forget.
We woke up the next morning febuary 2, 2011 and drove to Tampa in hopes that the Moffitt would help me,but more bad news They said my insurance is still pending also because I didnt have a biopsy performed there was no proof or rush of the matter,for her to go to the board and see if they would take me. This was insane no one would do the biopsy how can I be diagnosed if they will not touch me. So we recieved a no not at this time from Moffitt .. Another sad moment ....
After this we went to Tampa general,pleaded my case,showedthem all my records,cat scans,mri disc I recieved from earlier DR appointment. This DR at TGH felt this would be a tricky opperation but confident he could do the biopsy. This biopsy no one else would do. TGH admitted me wed feb 2,2011 and friday feb 4,2011 at 7 am I went in surgury for the biopsy.
This has been very fast an up and down road for us  all.
Had a meeting with the surgon Dr Donald Smith Feb 10,2011, He said not all the results are in but there is a diganosis I have mixed tumor oligo astrocytoma oligodendroglioma astrocytoma located in the brain stem.
My husband Alex stays home and cares for our three children and helps me with my personal needs, My father Joey helps take care of me ,My health,meds,food,dr appointments,resurch,anything he can.Every day task for me are much harder.Lisa my fathers wife she is the only source of income in this house hold of Seven. She helps out with the kids and keeping the  house hold together Anything she can. They have been great opening up there home and just staying positive and focused on what is best for me.
I know this is overwelming for all of us, so much to take in at once.
I'm so Blessed  to have them in our life, so Blessed they have been Blessed to be able to be here for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment